By making a planned gift, you can help make a lasting impact on the future of St. Charles Health System and the health of our community while achieving your own financial objectives. There are several ways to give that will benefit St. Charles, as well as you and your family by reducing income taxes, avoiding capital-gains tax, increasing income or providing payments for life. Options for planned giving include:
- Bequest: Include a gift in your will or living trust or name St. Charles Foundation as a beneficiary of your retirement plan or life insurance policy.
- Charitable remainder trust: Establish a trust that will make payments to you or those you name, and St. Charles receives the remainder.
- Gift annuity: Transfer cash, securities or other assets in exchange for a tax benefit and fixed annual payments to you and/or a beneficiary for life, after which the remainder of the funds will be retained by St. Charles Foundation.
- Assets: Donate assets, such as real estate to St. Charles Foundation, and gain financial benefits. For example, you can donate your house, continue to live in it and receive a tax break.
- Appreciated stocks and securities: Donate appreciated stock and securities to St. Charles Foundation to earn a charitable income tax deduction that can generate greater income while reducing or even eliminating capital gains tax.
St. Charles Foundation Tax ID# 94-3076293
The most common way people remember St. Charles Health System in a will or living trust is through a charitable bequest. You do not have to rewrite your current documents; instead simply add an amendment, called a codicil, to your will or living trust. Your bequest is entirely under your control during life and becomes irrevocable only at death.
Suggested language to review with your attorney
"I give, devise and bequeath to St. Charles Foundation (tax I.D.94-3076293), located in Bend, Oregon, the sum of _______________dollars ($__________) (or state a percentage of your estate, or describe real or personal property, including location.) for the benefit of its general purposes (or specify a particular area you wish to support)."
St. Charles Foundation staff are available to provide guidance and gift planning assistance. For more information, please contact Angelo Turner, Executive Director, 541-706-2929 or firstname.lastname@example.org.