About Heaven Can Wait 5K
St. Charles Foundation's annual Heaven Can Wait 5K walk/run for breast cancer has grown to become one of the largest 5K races in Central Oregon, and this year we’re celebrating the event’s 20th anniversary.
Check out the past 19 years of poster designs for the Heaven Can Wait 5K!
Each year on National Cancer Survivors Day, the first Sunday in June, the Heaven Can Wait 5K draws thousands to Bend’s Drake Park with a shared mission to raise funds for Sara's Project, a fund of St. Charles Foundation, providing education, early detection and support services to ease the challenges of breast cancer for people in Central and Eastern Oregon.
Heaven Can Wait was founded in 2000 by Charlene Levesque, a breast cancer survivor. Charlene’s diagnosis prompted Central Oregon Running Klub (CORK) to begin formulating the idea of a women’s event that would promote early detection of cancer and encourage a healthy active lifestyle.
Your participation in Heaven Can Wait:
- Raises funds for Sara’s Project.
- Educates the community about the importance of early detection of breast cancer.
- Encourages community members to walk or run for their health.
- Brings the community together in a celebration of life.
Organize a team
Gather your friends and family and organize a team for Heaven Can Wait 5K! This year marks the event's 20th anniversary, and the goal is to raise more than $100,000 for breast cancer awareness and patient support. By organizing a team, you can help continue the mission of Sara's Project to provide education, early detection and support services to ease the challenges of breast cancer for people in Central and Eastern Oregon. The 5K walk/run will be held on Sunday, June 2 at 9 a.m. in Bend's beautiful Drake Park.
How to register a team:
- Go (here)
- Register yourself for the race
- Create your team name (once created, your teammates can select your team from the drop-down menu)
- Share the link with your friends and family and encourage them to sign up
Perks for teams with 20 or more (registered by May 29):
- Option for early packet pick-up on Friday, May 31 at St. Charles Foundation
- Commemorative Heaven Can Wait gift for the team captain
- Possibility of winning an award for one of the three largest teams or a team spirit award
Download registration form
Volunteer at Heaven Can Wait
For teams and volunteers, please contact Michelle Solley at 541-706-2693 or email@example.com
For sponsorships, download the 2019 sponsorship brochure or contact Kelly Michel, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541-706-6996.
For general questions, please contact Cindy Fields, email@example.com or 541-706-6996.